geronimo-user mailing list archives

From the666pack <mario.kof...@gmail.com>
Subject JVM OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:25:01 GMT

hello,

i try to performance test the geronimo applicatoin server but after 2
minutes of testing the JVM hangs up and i get the following message on the
command line:

my customized options for the jvm are:

-server -Xms1280m -Xmx1280m -XX:PermSize=1280m -XX:MaxPermSize=1280m

so this should be sufficient for the heap! unfortunately at 40 simultaneous
calls the JVM hangs and i just can kill it via the system call!

i also observed that the memory is not allocated, there is still plenty of
memory left (at least 3/4 of my 2048m) and it does not change the size also
not with more requests. but after 2 minutes->crash!

also my call is fairly simple: it is a single call to a JSP page which just
returns the date. so this really should be possible. but i cannot see the
reason for the Exception anymore!

so if anyone can help, PLEASE!

thanks,

mario.