geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jim Foster <jfos...@tmtsaz.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo v2.1 Plan Creator => Deploy Liferay 4.1.1
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:57:39 GMT

Hi Shiva,

I'm sorry. I must have missed where in our discussion we changed from "Plan
Creator" to "Deploy New". I also do not see this process documented anywhere
at http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/, so please be patient with my
denseness, here.

I have done as you instructed:

[1] Console Navigation > Deploy New

    Install New Applications
    - Archive: 	specified liferay-portal-4.4.1.war (as it comes from
Liferay, no mods)
    - Plan: specified your edition of geronimo-web.xml

[2] Here are the results:

    Install New Applications
      Deployment failed:
      Unable to create configuration for deployment

[3] Clicking the "Show Full Details" shows the following:

Unable to create configuration for deployment
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to create
configuration for deployment
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.createTempConfiguration(DeploymentContext.java:120)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.<init>(DeploymentContext.java:100)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.<init>(DeploymentContext.java:80)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARContext.<init>(EARContext.java:68)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:530)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:254)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:133)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:61)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: load of
liferay/liferay-portal-tomcat/4.4.1/car failed
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:299)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(DeploymentConfigurationManager.java:115)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:286)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(DeploymentConfigurationManager.java:111)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.createTempConfiguration(DeploymentContext.java:117)
	... 17 more
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException:
Missing dependency: org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-security//car
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveInClassLoader(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:111)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveInClassLoader(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:104)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.resolveParentIds(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:473)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadDepthFirst(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:431)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:296)
	... 21 more

Am I still not "getting it"? or is there something else going on here we
need to focus on?

I am available and at your disposal for whatever need be on this end.

Jim