geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jim Foster <jfos...@tmtsaz.com>
Subject Geronimo v2.1 Plan Creator => Deploy Liferay 4.1.1
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:42:30 GMT

Hello,

I am attempting to use the "Plan Creator" feature of 2.1 using
liferay-portal-4.4.1.war as the target, but I am receiving a
security-related error (full text bottom of this post).

Even though I have been using Geronimo for some time, the changes in 2.1
(which are all excellent) still leave me unsure of where the problem lies:
Geronimo base, the deployment plan, or Liferay's distribution.

For the record, I am using the code from svn, Revision 620253.

Any advise would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

Jim

>From Plan Creator, following clicking on the "Deploy" button on the last
wizard screen.
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:

  web.xml for web app liferay/liferay-portal-4.4.1/4.4.1/war

includes security elements but Geronimo deployment plan is not provided or
does not
contain <security-realm-name> element necessary to configure security
accordingly.

at
org.apache.geronimo.web25.deployment.AbstractWebModuleBuilder.basicInitContext(AbstractWebModuleBuilder.java:349)
at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.deployment.TomcatModuleBuilder.initContext(TomcatModuleBuilder.java:326)
at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.SwitchingModuleBuilder.initContext(SwitchingModuleBuilder.java:159)
at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:595)
at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:254)
at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:133)
at
at
at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)