geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Brian Gregory <bgreg...@g-webdesign.com>
Subject Re: proxy session w/ built-in dbcp + openjpa
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 03:09:40 GMT

I've done a little research since the last post and found that tranql
documentation is pretty much non-existent, not to mention the project looks
mostly dead.

Anyway, I have a custom LoginModule that with do the front-line
authentication straight from Oracle users and populate the principals as
needed. I also have JPA code working from a console defined database pool,
but was just looking for that one piece that would allow me to to the proxy.

I think I understand what you're suggesting but how do I get geronimo to use
the new class instead of the default? I used the console database pool
configuration and it doesn't contain any class references besides the jdbc
driver.

The console doesn't seem to generate a working deployment descriptor:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2">
    <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
        <dep:moduleId>
            <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
            <dep:artifactId>TestPool</dep:artifactId>
            <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
            <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
        </dep:moduleId>
        <dep:dependencies>
            <dep:dependency>
                <dep:groupId>com.oracle</dep:groupId>
                <dep:artifactId>oracle-jdbc-driver</dep:artifactId>
                <dep:version>10.2.0.1.0XE</dep:version>
                <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
            </dep:dependency>
        </dep:dependencies>
    </dep:environment>
    <resourceadapter>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                    <name>TestPool</name>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Driver">oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Password">test</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="UserName">test</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="ConnectionURL">jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:SID</config-property-setting>
                    <connectionmanager>
                        <local-transaction/>