geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: proxy session w/ built-in dbcp + openjpa
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:38:21 GMT

On Feb 11, 2008, at 6:35 AM, Brian Gregory wrote:

> 1. Misconception on my part, what library is used for connection
> pooling?
> (Where is this is the docs?)

Dunno about docs.  The basic implementation is in

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/components/txmanager/trunk/
geronimo-connector

  and the gbean wrappers and deployment code are in

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/plugins/connector

> 2. Proxy session is another name for changing the user credentials
> on an
> oracle connection. OracleConnection.openProxySession()
> 3. I'm not familiar with tranql. Can you point me to the
> documentation?

Again, no docs I know of.

https://svn.codehaus.org/tranql

especially vendors/oracle/trunk

I think what you want to do is override
AbstractXADataSourceMCF.matchManagedConnections in the oracle
subclass so if there is no match on connections with their existing
credentials it calls openProxySession on one of the connections to
switch users.  If openProxySession is very lightweight then just
calling it without a search would be reasonable.

Out of curiousity, how are you supplying the correct user to the
connector?  Application managed security (datasource.getConnection
(user, password) or container managed security (using the identity of
the logged in user as tracked by the app server, possibly mapped with
an appropriate login module)?

Hope this helps and let us know if you run into problems or succeed :-)

thanks
david jencks