geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Debugging with NetBeans?
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:51:43 GMT

On Feb 11, 2008, at 9:33 AM, rudi@je-more.de wrote:

> Hi Anybody!
>
> In my Company we work with Netbeans 6 developing Java Software (we
> cannot change it to Eclipse or somewhat else).
> We are Working with ANT-Build Scripts, deploying Agains the Server
> *.EAR Files but the Deployment allways
> takes some Time for Packaging and Distribution and Debugger cannot
> used (thadts bad for me).
>
> My simple Question is:
>
> How can i debug Enterprise Java Beans with Netbeans 6.x?
> How can i do faster Roundtrip (Distribute&Run) Cycles with Netbeans
> 6.x?

There are a couple of things you can  do to reduce copying.  One is
deploying an (exploded) ear using --inPlace: this will avoid copying
the entire .ear into the geronimo repository during deployment.  You
might also be able to split up the ear into modules and use
dependencies between them to  get the same effective classloader
structure; redeploying a module rather than an ear is likely to be
faster.  Also you might be able to package many of your classes into
jars and install them separately into the geronimo repository and use
dependencies from your ear modules to these jars: then replacing the
jar and restarting your app will pick up the changed classes.

hope this helps.... I have no information at all about netbeans.

david jencks