Hello,

I've written a servlet filter and tested it on a standalone tomcat 6.0.14. To deploy it I just put my jar under the $TOMCAT_BASE/lib/ and updated the right web.xml files.

I'd like to have my filter work under geronimo 2.0.1 with tomcat; for starters I'm trying to filter the /servlets-examples app.

I've added my jar to using the Common Lib page from the admin console, so it is in the repository. I added the dependency xml lines to geronimo-web.xml, but geronimo can't seem to find my jar. The only way I can get this to work is to add my filter package class files into the class directory for the servlets-examples web app.

Where and how do I place my filter so that all web apps under tomcat, and later jetty, can use my filter? Since this is just a small plugin for tomcat I didn't look into GBean stuff.

I'm sure it is a simple oversight, but I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks,

vitale