geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Vitale" <chris.vit...@gmail.com>
Subject questions on deployment of servlet filter
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 19:32:28 GMT
Hello,

I've written a servlet filter and tested it on a standalone tomcat 6.0.14.
To deploy it I just put my jar under the $TOMCAT_BASE/lib/ and updated the
right web.xml files.

I'd like to have my filter work under geronimo 2.0.1 with tomcat; for
starters I'm trying to filter the /servlets-examples app.

I've added my jar to using the Common Lib page from the admin console, so it
is in the repository. I added the dependency xml lines to geronimo-web.xml,
but geronimo can't seem to find my jar. The only way I can get this to work
is to add my filter package class files into the class directory for the
servlets-examples web app.

Where and how do I place my filter so that all web apps under tomcat, and
later jetty, can use my filter? Since this is just a small plugin for tomcat
I didn't look into GBean stuff.

I'm sure it is a simple oversight, but I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks,

vitale