geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Reg: shutting down of Geronimo when DB is down
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 17:55:32 GMT

On Jan 4, 2008, at 3:31 AM, Balakrishnan wrote:

> hi all,
> I am deploying the jasper server as  a war in the geronimo. When we
> restart
> the geronimo with the jasper server deployed, the jasper server
> tries to
> access the DB. When the DB is down  the jasper server was not able
> to access
> the data base, it makes the geronimo shutting down. Is there a way
> to avoid
> geronimo being shutdown when one of its contained application fail
> to start.

The only way I can think of is to use a condition so the application
is never started on geronimo startup, you always have to start it by
hand.

> Also can any one let me know how we can deploy the data source for the
> jasper as less dependent.

Could you explain what you mean in more detail?  I don't understand.

I'd be interested in seeing the stack trace from the jasper server
startup failure.  I'm wondering why it can't start gracefully even
when its db is unavailable..... what happens if the db stops while it
is running?

thanks
david jencks