geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.0: customize EJB-Container settings
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:47:53 GMT
Hello,

You can change these settings in var/config/config.xml. This file
defines overrides for the GBeans, i.e. services such as EJB-
Containers, running within Geronimo.

EJB Containers are declared by the org.apache.geronimo.configs/
openejb//car confiiguration and here are there default configuration:

     <gbean name="DefaultStatelessContainer"
class="org.apache.geronimo.openejb.EjbContainer">
         <attribute name="id">Default Stateless Container</attribute>
         <attribute name="type">STATELESS</attribute>
         <reference name="OpenEjbSystem">
             <name>OpenEjbSystem</name>
         </reference>
     </gbean>
     <gbean name="DefaultStatefulContainer"
class="org.apache.geronimo.openejb.EjbContainer">
         <attribute name="id">Default Stateful Container</attribute>
         <attribute name="type">STATEFUL</attribute>
         <attribute name="properties">PoolSize=1000</attribute>
         <reference name="OpenEjbSystem">
             <name>OpenEjbSystem</name>
         </reference>
     </gbean>
     <gbean name="DefaultBMPContainer"
class="org.apache.geronimo.openejb.EjbContainer">
         <attribute name="id">Default BMP Container</attribute>
         <attribute name="type">BMP_ENTITY</attribute>
         <reference name="OpenEjbSystem">
             <name>OpenEjbSystem</name>
         </reference>
     </gbean>
     <gbean name="DefaultCMPContainer"
class="org.apache.geronimo.openejb.EjbContainer">
         <attribute name="id">Default CMP Container</attribute>
         <attribute name="type">CMP_ENTITY</attribute>
         <reference name="OpenEjbSystem">
             <name>OpenEjbSystem</name>
         </reference>
     </gbean>

To override the PoolSize attribute of DefaultStatefulContainer, you
need to update the  org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb//car
confiiguration as follows in var/config/config.xm:

     <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.1-SNAPSHOT/
car">
         <gbean name="EJBNetworkService">
             <attribute name="port">${OpenEJBPort + PortOffset}</
attribute>
             <attribute name="host">${ServerHostname}</attribute>
         </gbean>
         <!-- Start Overrides DefaultStatefulContainer settings -->
         <gbean name="DefaultStatefulContainer">
           <attribute name="properties">PoolSize=1000000</attribute>
         </gbean>
         <!-- End Overrides DefaultStatefulContainer settings -->
     </module>

Properties declared there are passed "as-is" to OpenEJB; hence, you
can use the same property names defined by OpenEJB.

Thanks,
Gianny