geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Reg: shutting down of Geronimo when DB is down
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 08:25:40 GMT

On Jan 6, 2008, at 11:27 PM, Balakrishnan wrote:

> hi,
>   Thanks for the reply. But i want to know that if i deploy a
> particular WAR
> in the geronimo, it should not start automatically. That WAR should be
> started manually. The same option should be reflected even when i
> uninstall
> and redeploy the WAR.

In geronimo 2.1 (not yet released) you can do this by deploying the
war as a plugin and including

<config-xml-content condition="false"/>

in the geronimo-plugin.xml.

In earlier versions you will have to modify var/config/config.xml
yourself after deploying the war file by adding

to the module for your war. For instance it might look like:

     <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/welcome-jetty/2.1-
SNAPSHOT/car" condition="false"/>

  If you can figure out a gbean to include in the module
customization then geronimo won't erase the entry when you undeploy
the war.

Hope this helps
david jencks