geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: jaxws-api-2.1 Classloading
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 00:48:18 GMT
Are you trying to use our copy of axis2 or cxf or are you trying to
use some jaxws implementation you are supplying yourself?

I think that you may have trouble since AFAIK we are required in java
ee  to support jaxws 2.0 which IIUC is not completely compatible with
jaxws 2.1.

What I would try is:

remove the axis2-jaxws-api jar to be sure it doesn't get used by
mistake :-)
put the jaxws-api-2.1 jar in an appropriate place in the geronimo
repo, say com/sun/specs/jaxws-api/2.1/jaxws-api-2.1.jar
add lines to var/config/artifact_aliases.properties mapping the jar
we provide to the jar you want:

org.apache.axis2/axis2-jaxws-api//jar=com.sun.specs/jaxws-api/2.1/jar
org.apache.axis2/axis2-jaxws-api/1.3/jar=com.sun.specs/jaxws-api/2.1/jar

This should replace the axis jar with your jar in the jee-specs
classloader, and as long as there are no incompatible class changes
everything should work.

Hope this helps and please let us know the results

thanks
david jencks