geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo modules
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:01:00 GMT

On Jan 25, 2008, at 8:04 AM, vpyati wrote:

> Hi All,
>           I am new to Geronimo.  What I understand is that it is
> composed
> of modules and that modules can be added further.
>
>     When I start the server I see a lot of statements in the console
> similar to below:
> geronimo/j2ee-deployer/1.1/car.
>
> Here I assume that j2ee-deployer is one module. I went inside the
> directory
> to find that there are 3 files- config.info, config.ser and
> config.ser.sha1.
>
> I would like to know that when Geronimo prints
> "geronimo/j2ee-deployer/1.1/car", what does it actually do ? How do
> we make
> sense of the three files ?
>
> Also if I would like to add my application module, what should go
> into these
> files ?

Vikram,
1.1 is a pretty old version of Geronimo. Would suggest you upgrade to
a later version.

By application module, do you mean a war or ear? New modules should be
deployed using the 'deploy' command (or configured during a build).
The module configuration information (config.info, etc) are built as
part of this process... This module configuration is really internal
to the server and not something you would need to worry about (unless
you want to get involved with server internals -- in which case, your
help would be more than welcome!).

--kevan