geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to get Datasource from a non j2ee module
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2008 22:19:49 GMT
Just committed... you can see where stuff gets bound by looking at
the log or in the console jndi viewer.

basically they get bound based on their abstract name using a format
pattern like:

jca:{groupId}/{artifactId}/{j2eeType}/{name}

so you might get

jca:org.apache.geronimo.configs/system-database/
JCAManagedConnectionFactory/SystemDatasource

or

jca:org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-ra/JCAAdminObject/
SendReceiveQueue

Suggestions for a different format would be appreciated.  Also
comparisons with what David Blevins has in openejb would be great :-)

You can set the format, the nameInNamespace, which gbeans are picked
up, and a regexp for filtering the name component of the abstract
name in config-substitutions.properties.

thanks
david jencks