geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Follow Symbolic Links
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 18:48:02 GMT

On Jan 8, 2008, at 9:33 AM, Adam Ruggles wrote:

> I'm using Geronimo 2.2 with tomcat.  I'm trying to get Geronimo to
> follow
> symbolic links.  I have a folder outside the webapp that I use a
> symlink to
> allow the user to browse that folder.  In tomcat I was able to edit
> the
> server.xml file with <DefaultContext allowLinking="true"/>.  How can I
> accomplish this in Geronimo.

I wouldn't call myself a tomcat expert, but I don't know of any way
to do this in geronimo.  I expect it would be easy to add, so you
could add a Jira issue asking for it.  I expect we'd need a new
tomcat specific element in geronimo-web.xml, although since I'm not
familiar with the exact meaning or effect of the property I could be
wrong.

thanks
david jencks