geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange plug with delivering messages to MDB
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2008 23:56:44 GMT

On Jan 26, 2008, at 2:07 PM, Manu George wrote:

> To explain further maxSessions and maxMessagesPerSessions activation
> config properties are 10 by default and so is the MdbContainer
> instanceLimit. maxMessagePerSessions is actually the prefetch size and
> maxSessions is the no of parallel sessions. In case you want to use
> maxMessagesPerSessions as 1 i.e fetch only 1 message from queue at a
> time for a listener then you need to set maxSession also as 1 and it
> will process all the messages albeit sequentially. I am not sure why
> maxSessions and maxMessagesPerSessions should always be the same for
> the Mdbs to work but i guess it is something AMQ related.

Hi Manu,
Thanks for the info. I think that gives us a fairly good idea of where
the problem may lie. However, I'm a bit doubtful that your work-around
will actually work. I wouldn't be surprised to see some missing
messages... :(

I'm not very familiar with the MdbContainer implementation... But will
have a look.

--kevan