geronimo-user mailing list archives

From toby cabot <t...@caboteria.org>
Subject Re: building an internal Maven repo for archive purposes?
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:31:08 GMT
Thanks Donald,

Your (and Iain's) tip about settings.xml was on the money - it appears
that it's the only way to get Maven to *not* pull things from
repo1.maven.org.  It's a shame that it's a user-level setting as I'd
like to be able to track some projects (such as the Geronimo trunk)
online, and keep others (such as our internal build of 2.0.2) entirely
offline.  I'll just have to remember to switch settings.xml back and
forth.

Thanks for your tip about maven-proxy, it looks interesting.  I was
hoping to be able to simply serve up a pile of files, since we run
apache httpd but not Java app servers in our corporate infrastructure.
Unfortunately, Maven complains that it can't find a valid version of
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin in my internal repo even
though the same bits are there as are online.  So I might have to go
with the servlet approach.

Regards,
Toby