geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Chen <j...@chen.org.nz>
Subject Re: JAAS and OpenejbRemoteLoginModule
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:04:35 GMT
On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 09:10:49AM +0100, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2008 9:05 AM, Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz> wrote:
>
> > Here's one for the archives: After several iterations of trial and error,
> > it looks like the following configuration will work:
>
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Can you tell me how you execute your remote app client and where you
> place the jaas configuration? If you could show the jaas-aware code
> snippet where the jaas configuration's used, it'd be superb.

I ran my EjbClient with:

	java -Djava.security.auth.login.config=MyApp.jaas -jar MyApp.jar

with MyApp.jaas in the same directory containing:

	MyApp
	{
		org.apache.geronimo.openejb.OpenejbRemoteLoginModule required
			org.apache.geronimo.openejb.OpenejbRemoteLoginModule.RemoteSecurityRealm="MyAppRealm"
			org.apache.geronimo.openejb.OpenejbRemoteLoginModule.ServerURI="ejbd://localhost:4201";

	};

The big trick was finding OpenejbRemoteLoginModule in
geronimo-openejb-2.0.2.jar and pulling the required dependancies.

My EjbClient snippet is pretty simple:

    LoginContext
        loginCtx = new LoginContext (
                    "MyApp",
                    new ClientCallbackHandler ("joeuser", "joespassword"));
    loginCtx.login ();

with the ClientCallBackHandler class based on:

    http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/security/jaas/tutorials/SampleAcn.java

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>