geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Geronimo
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:07:09 GMT
On Jan 10, 2008 8:04 AM, cpraveena <sk9@aol.in> wrote:

> I found that Geronimo will be a best app server in running j2ee
> applications...
> As i was new to it, could you please help me out in using if along with
> configuration...

Hi,

How did you find that Geronimo would be the best appserv out there? It
*is* the best appserver ;-)

Seriously, here the steps are to get you up to speed with javaee
development with Geronimo.

1/ Download Geronimo 2.1-SNAPSHOT from
http://people.apache.org/~prasad/binaries/trunk/20080109. Pick jetty6
or tomcat6 distro.

2/ Unpack it to a directory that will get call GERONIMO_HOME from now on.

3/ Run Geronimo

  cd $GERONIMO_HOME
  ./bin/geronimo.sh run

4/ Point your browser to http://localhost:8080/console (system/manager
are the credentials)

5/ Developer your webapp in any IDE you work with and deploy it using
the console.

That's it. I believe there're more at Apache Geronimo Documentation
(http://geronimo.apache.org/documentation.html). Read it on and ask
questions here. The more questions the better.

(Some commands are subject of your operating system differencies).

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl