geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Exception related to xerces jar while deployment
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 07:38:30 GMT
On Jan 7, 2008 2:13 PM, Hari Krishna Korrapati
<harikrishna.korrapati@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am working on Geronimo 2.0.2.
> I am able to deploy the EAR but getting the following exception at the back
> end.
>
> 15:32:16,766 INFO  [Enhance] You have enabled runtime enhancement, but have
> not specified the set of persistent classes.  OpenJPA must look for metadata
> for every loaded class, which might increase class load times significantly.

Hi,

The simplest and easiest approach to get rid of it would be to follow
the advice and add your entity classes to persistence.xml so OpenJPA
won't look for entities.

> 15:32:18,407 INFO  [startup] Assembling app:
> E:\geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0.2\var\temp\geronimo-deploymentUtil6209.jar
> 15:32:19,126 WARN  [Enhance] An exception was thrown while attempting to
> perform class file transformation on "samples/ejb/ApplicationEntityBean":
> java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeAwareParserConfiguration
>     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.<init>(Unknown Source)
> I am using xerces:xercesImple:2.8.1 jar in the EAR.

That's what I don't understand. Why do you need xerces.jar in ear?
It's in jdk, isn't it?

> <sys:hidden-classes><filter>org.apache.xerces</filter></sys:hidden-classes>
> But no use, might be because the vesion of xercesImpl in geronimo repository
> also 2.8.1.

If it's 2.8.1 and you need it, it makes it even more confusing why it's in ear.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl