geronimo-user mailing list archives

From rschundel <schun...@gmail.com>
Subject Geronimo-1.1.1 : Error "Could not determine geronimo installation directory" when using server.jar
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:50:10 GMT

Geronimo: 1.1.1
OS: CentOS5
Geronimo installed in /usr/local/geronimo-1.1.1

I have installed Geronimo several times on various OS platforms without ever
incurring any problems. Now I am totally lost as to what the problem could
be. I have repeated the installation process several times with the same
result. I get the following error message:

Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.4.2)...
14:08:12,609 ERROR [DirectoryUtils] Error while determining the geronimo
installation directory
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at java.lang.StringBuffer.<init>(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at java.net.URI.resolve(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at java.net.URI.resolve(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at
org.apache.geronimo.system.serverinfo.DirectoryUtils.<clinit>(DirectoryUtils.java:44)
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.doStartup(Daemon.java:209)
   at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.<init>(Daemon.java:74)
   at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main(Daemon.java:377)

Could not determine geronimo installation directory

Did anybody ever experience similar issues? I am really stuck and would
appreciate any help.
Thanks,

Ralf