geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Stuart Smith <stuart_wild...@yahoo.com>
Subject Merging deployment plans
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 06:00:09 GMT

I've been investigating some of the unique features that make Geronimo easier
to use than JBoss.  One of the features that has caught my attention is the
ability to use external deployment information during the deployment
process.

What I'm wondering is if it is possible to have a deployment plan that is
packaged with an application archive AND one that is external.  I'm thinking
anything that is always going to be the same can be in the internal
deployment plan.  Anything that may change from one environment to the next
can be in the external plan.

If this is possible would they be merged into a unified deployment plan
during deployment?  Would they be merged with one taking precedence over the
other?  Would one be completely ignored if the other is present?

If this type of thing is possible it would be great, if not would it be
possible to add?  Many thanks for any replies.

Thanks,
Stuart