geronimo-user mailing list archives

From mett <geron...@romram.se>
Subject Geronimo WTP client for eclipse doesn't work as expected
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:35:44 GMT

Hi,

I am quite new at Geronimo at the moment. I have up to now been using JBoss
as an integrated application server in my Eclipse IDE. Since I am all but
impressed of the way that server handles memory and redeploy I am interested
in trying out the Geronimo application server.

The status at the moment is that I have the Geronimo server 2.0.2 installed
and working. I have a deployment plan that works and I think that the
performance is better.

My problem is the automatic redeploy that I can't get to work at all. When I
alter an jsp page or a java class the WTP reacts and the server starts a
redeploy but there isn't any change in the appearance or the files in the
server structure.

For a change to have affect I need to remove the project with the Add and
Remove Projects... menu option. Restart the server and the add the project
again. This is a bit more tedious than using JBoss; to describe it mildly.

The action is exactly similar regardless of how the installation has been
done. First I installed Geronimo by hand and the WTP from within eclipse. I
all worked as above. After that I tried to do also the Geronimo installation
from within eclipse. Then I got 2.0.1 with the JRE_HOME issue and upgraded
to 2.0.2 with the above result.

I am using Maven to set up and manage my projects so the compiled files end
up in target/classes if this is an issue.

Please guide me, I want to use Geronimo and I refuse to believe that it is
intended to work this way.

Best Regards

Mett

PS. This is sent after I joined the mailing list. Might be a copy. Can't
wait to see though. DS.