geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Tomasz Mazan <win...@wp.pl>
Subject Re: Strange plug with delivering messages to MDB
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:05:00 GMT

djencks wrote:

> Do you have a second resource adapter configured for the inbound
> messages to the mdb?
>
> I seem to recall someone reporting a similar problem if they sent the
> same message they received.  If they  copied the message into a new
> message and sent that everything worked as expected.  Are you sending
> the same message or copying it?  I don't know which behavior is
> expected by the jms spec.
>
> thanks
> david jencks

David,

1) I use the same resource adapter for the inbound/outbound messages.
2) I create new Message to send as reply

Following your advice I had tried to drop received messages and I remarked
that problem is in creating new connection. There's no problem with
delivering messages since I've commented that part of my code, but....
obviously... that doesn't solve my problem.

I've tried something else which looks as good solution - change
connectionmanager transaction's setting from xa-transaction to
local-transaction. I don't see any reason to use XA for my MDB which only
receives message - process it using webservice client - and return response
to another jms queue.

Beniamin