geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Cedric Hurst <cedric.hu...@gmail.com>
Subject WSDL file not being generated from EJB @WebService?
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:48:13 GMT

I'm developing a tutorial/workshop showing off some of the features of EJB3
in WAS CE 2.0.0.1 (Geronimo 2.0.2 with Tomcat + Axis2).  I'm trying to demo
the @WebService functionality and it's my understanding that a WSDL file can
be generated if it is not specified.  However, I can't quite figure out
where to locate the WSDL file (or the Web Service, for that matter) after
deployment.

Currently, I have an EJB @Remote and @WebService interface which are
implemented by a @Stateless session bean.  See SampleBeanRemote.java,
SampleBeanWebService.java and SampleBean.java here:
http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/d5Z24gWSer3lvHabIlDkbG/m2mSampleEJB/ejbModule/

I've also explicitly specified the session bean in the openejb-jar.xml file:
http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/d5Z24gWSer3lvHabIlDkbG/m2mSampleEJB/ejbModule/META-INF/openejb-jar.xml
I've also tried it without explicit specification.

This EJB JAR is embedded, along with an relatively empty WAR file, inside an
EAR: http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/d5Z24gWSer3lvHabIlDkbG/m2mSampleEAR/

Once packaged up, the deployment looks like this on the server:
http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/d5Z24gWSer3lvHabIlDkbG/m2mSampleServer/repository/samples/m2mSample/0.9/m2mSample-0.9.car/

I'm assuming that the generated WSDL should be somewhere in here, but I'm
not seeing it.

Curiously, the server logs do not report a "Configuring JAX-WS" event:
http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/d5Z24gWSer3lvHabIlDkbG/m2mSampleServer/log/server.log

I'm sure I must be missing something in my configuration, but I can't quite
pinpoint what it is.  Any suggestions?