geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Cedric Hurst <>
Subject WSDL file not being generated from EJB @WebService?
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:48:13 GMT

I'm developing a tutorial/workshop showing off some of the features of EJB3
in WAS CE (Geronimo 2.0.2 with Tomcat + Axis2).  I'm trying to demo
the @WebService functionality and it's my understanding that a WSDL file can
be generated if it is not specified.  However, I can't quite figure out
where to locate the WSDL file (or the Web Service, for that matter) after

Currently, I have an EJB @Remote and @WebService interface which are
implemented by a @Stateless session bean.  See, and here:

I've also explicitly specified the session bean in the openejb-jar.xml file:
I've also tried it without explicit specification.

This EJB JAR is embedded, along with an relatively empty WAR file, inside an

Once packaged up, the deployment looks like this on the server:

I'm assuming that the generated WSDL should be somewhere in here, but I'm
not seeing it.

Curiously, the server logs do not report a "Configuring JAX-WS" event:

I'm sure I must be missing something in my configuration, but I can't quite
pinpoint what it is.  Any suggestions?