geronimo-user mailing list archives

From the666pack <mario.kof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.0/openejb/postgresql
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:35:59 GMT

hello,

>> first thank you, with the help of your article i was able to deploy it
>> and
>> my application is able to create an entity manager.

i did not have a geronimo-specific application.xml yet in my application. so
i took the one from the polish
wiki and modified it for my needs: left out any messaging parts and just
added the "postgresql" connector
part.

i also slightly modified my openejb-jar.xml and added the "openjpa"
dependency as suggested in the wiki.

now the entity manager is created successfully.

for the messaging part of your tutorial i will return to the wiki at a later
state, as it seems to be very helpful though written in polish language :)
but first i want my entity beans working.

>> [exec] <1.0.0-r561970-r561970 nonfatal general error>
>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: No registered
>> metadata
>> for type "class vt.bean.entity.Director".

> I'd bet you've got the entity in another file that your
> persistence.xml file is and hence the file is not processed. What is
> needed to fix it would be to list the content of the files with jar
> -tf. If your app could be attached and we looked at it, it'd be
> helpful even more.

i found some files that were not supposed to be in my archive, you are
right. yet the error remains also now after redeploying. the directory
structure:

.ear:
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
META-INF/application.xml
META-INF/geronimo-application.xml
videothek.jar
videothek.war

.jar:
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
META-INF/ejb-jar.xml
META-INF/openejb-jar.xml
META-INF/persistence.xml
vt/
vt/bean/
vt/bean/entity/
vt/bean/entity/Actor.class
vt/bean/entity/Director.class
vt/bean/entity/Dvd.class
vt/bean/entity/Movie.class
vt/bean/entity/Person.class
vt/bean/stateful/
vt/bean/stateful/WriteData.class
vt/bean/stateful/WriteDataBean.class
vt/bean/stateless/
vt/bean/stateless/Login.class
vt/bean/stateless/LoginBean.class
vt/bean/stateless/LoginLocal.class

.war:
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
WEB-INF/
WEB-INF/web.xml
WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml
WEB-INF/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/vt/
WEB-INF/classes/vt/servlet/
WEB-INF/classes/vt/servlet/LoginServlet.class
addTool.jsp
error.jsp
index.jsp
login.jsp
removeTool.jsp
search.jsp
updateTool.jsp

thanks again, your help is very much appreciated,

greetings,

mario.