geronimo-user mailing list archives

From the666pack <>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.0/openejb/postgresql
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2008 10:41:09 GMT

first thank you, with the help of your article i was able to deploy it and
my application is able to create an entity manager.

unfortunately i am stuck with another error now when i want to persist an
entity bean to the database:

[exec] <1.0.0-r561970-r561970 nonfatal general error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: No registered metadata
for type "class vt.bean.entity.Director".

my persistence.xml now looks like this:

<persistence xmlns=""
  <persistence-unit name="valhalla" transaction-type="JTA">
    <class>vt.bean.entity.Dvd</class> ->
    <exclude-unlisted-classes />

      <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary" value="postgres"/>
      <property name="openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings" value="false"/>

according to this in my opinion the "Director" entity bean should be
registered. or do i have to mention it in another deployment descriptor too
(e.g. openejb-jar.xml?)

thanks for your help,