geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Adam Ruggles <a.rugg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Follow Symbolic Links
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 20:02:48 GMT

The affect of allowLinking is to allow the servlet to serve up paths that are
associated with a symbolic link.

An example would be if I had a images folder in the root of my web app.  The
images folder is really a symbolic link pointing to another folder on my
hard drive.  With the allow Linking enabled I could still through a web
browser see the images in the images folder.

I hope I explained that correctly.  Apache Httpd also has a property in it's
configuration to do that.