geronimo-user mailing list archives

From jleonar <jleo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo with Liferay library conflict
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 15:13:04 GMT

Ok I think I will take a step back and fix my earlier issues that lead me
down the path where I am today.

Step one took the liferay geronimo bundle and installed.

Let liferay deploy.  Stopped liferay.
Now I take my custom liferay code and I put it in the liferay repository
inside the WEB-INF folder including required libraries in the WEB-INF/lib
folder.

Start liferay and I get:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/opensaml/SAMLSOAPHTTPBinding$HTTPHook
	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2357)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:210)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:304)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:77)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.java:3598)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4168)

The opensaml jar is in the WEB-INF/lib folder.  The only way I got this
error to go away was by moving all the dependencies for my custom code to
the sharedlib folder.

I think once I get geronimo to load the WEB-INF/lib dependencies correctly,
I will be able to use the inverse-classloading to resolve my other issue.

So why isn't the classloader loading the jars in the WEB-INF/lib folder
inside the liferay repository?