geronimo-user mailing list archives

From jleonar <jleo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo with Liferay library conflict
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 15:15:44 GMT

I added:
                       <dependency>
                               <groupId>xerces</groupId>
                               <artifactId>xerces</artifactId>
                               <version>2.8.0</version>
                               <type>jar</type>
                       </dependency>

The jar is in
c:\geronimo\repository\xerces\xercesImpl\2.8.0\xercesImp-2.8.0.jar

So I tried

                       <dependency>
                               <groupId>xerces</groupId>
                               <artifactId>xercesImpl</artifactId>
                               <version>2.8.0</version>
                               <type>jar</type>
                       </dependency>

Same issue, it is still using the xercesImpl2.6.2 in the /lib/endorsed
directory.  the stacktrace I get is:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.setFeature(Ljava/lang/String;Z)V
	org.opensaml.XML$ParserPool.<init>(Unknown Source)
	org.opensaml.XML.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
	org.opensaml.SAMLObject.fromStream(Unknown Source)
	org.opensaml.SAMLResponse.<init>(Unknown Source)

If I replace the xerces in the /lib/endorsed with the correct version it
works but the console won't work.

-Jim