geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Reg: shutting down of Geronimo when DB is down
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 19:55:35 GMT

On Jan 7, 2008, at 12:44 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2008 9:25 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> In geronimo 2.1 (not yet released) you can do this by deploying the
>> war as a plugin and including
>>
>> <config-xml-content condition="false"/>
>>
>> in the geronimo-plugin.xml.
>
> Is there any way to add such configuration to geronimo-web.xml?

No.
> Just
> to make sure I follow it properly, when a web module's deployed it's
> already started, isn't it? Is there a way to deploy in a different way
> without bothering with plugin feature?

You can "distribute" using the command line or uncheck the "start
app" box in the console deploy screen, but this will only get
load="false" into config.xml.  If you start the app, then you'll get
load="true", which will result in starting the app when you start and
restart geronimo.  The only way to avoid this standard "keep the same
state as on shutdown" behavior is to add the condition to config.xml,
and you can either do it by hand in pre-2.1 geronimo or with geronimo-
plugin.xml in g. 2.1

thanks
david jencks