The tranql lists are not exactly dead but there is very little development going on.  Since you want to know how to use the connectors inside geronimo this seems like a better list.

You  have left out a lot of details about what you are trying to do, especially about transactions and how you are controlling them (JTA, local, etc) and how much work you want to get into each transaction.

Generally DDL doesn't mix well with transactions.  I suggest you use a no-tx datasource such as the one we provide in geronimo 2.x for the DDL.  If you are not using JTA but rather local transactions then it would be appropriate to use this datasource for the DML as well.  If you are using JTA transactions then something like the system-datasource would be more appropriate.

hope this helps
david jencks