Good observation of the mail... ;-) and thanks for the reply,
I need some more information on the first thing among the 2 possible ways that you have provided, i.e. geronimo instance online.
I have internet connection, but my Geronimo server might be running behind the firewall.
So would like to know how can i make geronimo to use internet connection, do i need to do some proxy settings; if so please provide some sample configuration.

On Dec 28, 2007 3:12 PM, Jacek Laskowski < jacek@laskowski.net.pl> wrote:
> Caused by: org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Cannot unmarshall the
> ejb-jar.xml file: jar:file:/E:/Geronimo
> com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(UnmarshallerImpl.java :196)
> Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: java.sun.com
> Please advice on what could be the problem.

As you're asking about the problem (and not about a solution) I think
I can help ;-)

The issue is that Geronimo runs behing a firewall or the server it
runs on doesn't have internet connection and hence resolving
java.sun.com leads to UHE exception. I vaguely remember it's been
fixed in the latest openejb3 where openejb (the ejb container in
Geronimo) doesn't need internet connection to let the ejb deployer
run.

It won't read good, but there's no other way as to 1) deploy the app
on the geronimo instance while it's online and copy the deployed
package to another instance of Geronimo without internet connection or
2) use the latest Geronimo 2.1-SNAPSHOT [1]. One last *desperate*
attempt would be to overwrite
repository\org\apache\openejb\openejb-core\3.0-beta-1\openejb-core-3.0-beta-1.jar
with the jar built from the openejb3 trunk [2], but it may incur some
other troubles.

[1] http://people.apache.org/~prasad/binaries/trunk/20071228/
[2] http://people.apache.org/~jlaskowski/openejb-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip

Jacek