geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Lietz <rmail-geronimo-u...@rmail.dadabase.de>
Subject Re: can not start Geronimo
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 09:09:57 GMT

I've got another startup failure:

I'm running Geronimo 2.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.5 (Intel), and I cannot start
Geronimo except when I expand the Geronimo-home-dir exactly in a
*subfolder* of my home-dir.

When I move the Geronimo-home-dir out of my home-dir, e.g. in /Library: it
doesn't work.
When I put the Geronimo-home-dir directly in my home-dir: it doesn't work.

Symptoms: Geronimo is appearantly starting up, and there's a Java process
running, but at some stage ist stops starting up and there are no ports
open to connect to and I have to kill -9 the Java process after that.

This happens with a freshly expanded zip.

I can live with it, but it's curious...

-Johannes