geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB DBDictionary w/postgres null value
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2007 02:21:57 GMT

On Dec 29, 2007, at 1:39 PM, Garth Keesler wrote:

> Garth Keesler wrote:
>> I am working my way thru the examples included in the GMO 2.0 docs
>> converting them to work with a postgres database. So far, so good
>> and it has been an excellent learning experience. I am working
>> with the Bank example which is my first cut at using postgres as
>> the persistence db for the EJB's in the app. I have it to the
>> point that it will install and start correctly but I get an error
>> when using the webpage to access a Customer's account. The
>> following from the gmo log indicates an error when openejb attempt
>> to determine the DBDictionary property for the database:

>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Thx,
>> Garth
>>
>> .
>>
> I moved the property definition to the persistence.xml file and the
> app loaded and started correctly. However, I've not found an
> example of using this property so I may be using it wrong and the
> app still fails (differently) so I am still looking.

Your persistence.xml file would be the right place.  I lose track of
which openjpa property values have nice short aliases and most likely
if openjpa doesn't complain you have a good value but we seem to be
using a full class name
             <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary"
value="org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DerbyDictionary"/>

for derby.

What error are you seeing now?

thanks
david jencks