geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: TLS instead of SSL?
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 00:23:58 GMT

On Dec 4, 2007, at 3:10 PM, Zakharov, Vasily M wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> Can Geronimo be tuned to use TLS instead of SSL?
> Or, can it be tuned to not use SSL at all?

I don't think anyone has tried this before.  You might be able to
disable any gbeans that need ssl.  Without a stack trace its hard to
guess where these might be but a start might be  the https
connectors.  If this doesn't work a stack trace would be helpful.

> I'm trying to run Geronimo 2.0.2 on Apache Harmony, and it fails to
> start because Harmony doesn't have SSL implementation, though is has
> TLS.

It's great to see someone working on G + H !

thanks
david jencks