geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo with Liferay library conflict
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:31:46 GMT

On Dec 28, 2007, at 8:09 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2007 1:40 PM, jleonar <jleonar@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have some custom code deployed within Liferay(4.3.x) running on
>> Geronimo
>> 1.1
>>
>> The custom code uses xercesImpl-2.8.0 or higher.  Geronimo 1.1 uses
>> xercesImpl-2.6.2.  So my code breaks because it is always using the
>> xercesImpl-2.6.2 instead of the xercesImpl-2.8.0 jar that I have
>> in the
>> sharedlib folder.
>
>>     <hidden-classes>
>>         <filter>org.apache.xerces</filter>
>>     </hidden-classes>
>>                 <dependencies>
>>                         <dependency>
>>                                 <artifactId>sharedlib</artifactId>
>>                         </dependency>
>
> Can you try out <inverse-classloading /> instead? Is xerces in
> WEB-INF/lib directory of Liferay? What's the stack trace when
> Geronimo's Xerces hides the proper classes?

I think there are a couple problems here...
I would expect the dependency declaration to need groupId and type to
work-- certainly type.
Neither hidden-classes nor inverse-classloading will make any
difference if xerces is in shared-lib: the sharedlib classloader
would need to have the hidden-classes or inverse-classloading flag.

You could try putting xerces in the geronimo repo directly and having
a dependency to the jar: then the flags in your app's plan's
environment will work.

If this doesn't work (it may not because IIRC xerces is in one of
the lib/* directories that get special classloader treatment from the
vm) you might try replacing xerces 2.6.2 with xerces 2.8 for all of
geronimo.  IIRC we tried this and the only problems were from the
tck's misinterpretation of some ambiguous spec language that was
later cleared up.

You could also try geronimo 2.0.2 which does not include xerces, but
this would require java  5.

hope this helps
david jencks