geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Hari Krishna Korrapati" <harikrishna.korrap...@gmail.com>
Subject usage of variables in web.xml
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2007 09:34:43 GMT
Hi,

I need some information regarding usage of variables in web.xml

For example i have the following entry in web.ml

    <env-entry id="taskTime">
            <description></description>
            <env-entry-name>samples.import.taskStartTime</env-entry-name>
            <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
            <env-entry-value>3322332</env-entry-value>
    </env-entry>

I would like to use a variable in web.xml and read the value from properties
file.
like i would like to specify as

            <env-entry-value>@TASK_START_TIME@</env-entry-value>

and define TASK_START_TIME = 3322332 in some application.properties file.

The value should be replaced either during build/deployment time.
Can anybody give pointer to the above requirement.

Regards,
Hari