geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic dependency for external EJBs
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2007 22:36:52 GMT

On Dec 7, 2007, at 7:06 AM, Jochen Zink wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It is a little bit difficult to describe, but I hope everyone can
> understand what I want :) :
>
> I have an EAR file, containing a single EJB.jar
> This EJB needs access to another EJB, which is not inside the same
> EAR.
>
> In my opinion it is necessary, that a dependency and name mapping is
> declared inside the deployment plan of the EAR file, to get access
> to the external EJB.
>
> But, we want a little bit more. The EAR file (let us call it ENGINE)
> works in production and need access to the external EJB (deployed in
> the same geronimo 2.0.x server). After a while, the exactly the same
> ENGINE EAR needs access to another external EJB. The other external
> EJB can be used in the same way as the first external EJB (both has
> implemented the same Interface), only the JNDI name is different. Is
> it possible to get access to the second external EJB, without
> reinstalling the EAR file?
>
> I read something about EJBs inside geronimo but it seems, that this
> can't be work. If it is not possible, is there another alternative
> to get the same behavior?

The Geronimo deployment model is such that nothing can be changed
after deployment.  About the closest I can think is that it's possible
to lookup any EJB deployed via the
org.apache.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory and a new
InitialContext.  You might be able to rig up something clever using
that.

-David