geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Usage of TranQL
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 02:12:50 GMT
I'll respond in more detail later.... but I have a couple questions

1. What are the xa recovery requirements for these "dynamically
defined" datasources?
2. do these dynamic datasources need connection pooling?

3. what exactly happens if you try to do ddl on a connection from an
xa-enabled datasource while not in a jta transaction?  I would expect
that if there is no xa tx, then you could do DDL and nothing would
break.  I would be surprised if DDL in a jta tx worked :-)

I think it would not be that hard to set up geronimo managed pools
for xa datasources, but the getting recovery to work may be tricky...
you need to remember all the resource managers in some way.  We are
doing it through the gbeans for the connection managers, but another
way might be plausible.

thanks
david jencks