geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jimmy Wan" <j...@21technologies.com>
Subject Usage of TranQL
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:34:49 GMT
Does anyone know if there is a new TranQL mailing list? The one on
codehaus appears to be dead, form the archives I found. It seems like
Tranql development was adopted by the Geronimo team, so I'll fire away
here.

I'm having some trouble with my application which needs to perform plain
SQL as well as execute some DDL. Right now, we are incorrectly mixing
the SQL/DDL which inadvertently commits things and changes the
autocommit values in ways that we don't want. I'd like to completely
separate my DDL statements by putting them into their own entirely
separate datasource but I'm unsure how to do this.

As I understand it, Tranql lets you do things such as have non-XA
resources participate in XA transactions. However, what if I have things
that need to happen outside the boundary of an XA transaction (such as
DDL)?

Using Derby as an example:
There are two managed connection factories as part of the
tranql-connector-derby package: ClientLocalMCF backed by a non-XA driver
and ClientXAMCF backed by an XA driver.

Do I need to create a local data source backed by a ClientLocalMCF as
well as an XA data source backed by ClientXAMCF?
Would it be OK to create two data source that are both backed by the XA
driver using ClientXAMCF as long as I keep my DDL operations separate
from the other SQL statements?
Will executing DDL on my "DDL Datasource" cause problems if it is backed
by an XA DataSource?