geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Garth Keesler <gar...@gdcjk.com>
Subject Bank Sample App Mod to use Postgres
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2007 15:11:15 GMT
I am new to Geronimo coming from VS2005 and C#. I have a Postgres DB
configured in the pool as OES and working correctly using the dbtester
sample app. I want to change the persistance of the Bank app from Derby
to Postgres and have not yet figured out the magic to make it happen.
The tables are correctly loaded in the OES database. Below is the
BankPool.xml I modified (obviously incorrectly) and I could use some
pointers. It mavens and installs okay but I get a "lifecycle operation
failed" when attempting to start in the console.

Any help appreciated...
Thx,
Garth

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
    Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
    or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
    distributed with this work for additional information
    regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
    to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
    "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
    with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

    Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
    software distributed under the License is distributed on an
    "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
    KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
    specific language governing permissions and limitations
    under the License.
-->
<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.1">
    <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
        <dep:moduleId>
            <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
            <dep:artifactId>OES</dep:artifactId>
            <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
            <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
        </dep:moduleId>
        <dep:dependencies>
            <dep:dependency>
                <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</dep:groupId>
                <dep:artifactId>system-database</dep:artifactId>
                <dep:type>car</dep:type>
            </dep:dependency>
        </dep:dependencies>
    </dep:environment>
    <resourceadapter>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                    <name>BankPool</name>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Driver">org.postgresql.Driver</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="UserName">garthk</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="ConnectionURL">jdbc:postgresql://pgsrv/oesdb</config-property-setting>
                    <connectionmanager>
                        <local-transaction/>
                        <single-pool>
                            <max-size>10</max-size>