geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: usage of variables in web.xml
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2007 20:02:17 GMT
On Dec 24, 2007 10:34 AM, Hari Krishna Korrapati
<harikrishna.korrapati@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to use a variable in web.xml and read the value from properties
> file.
> like i would like to specify as
>
>              <env-entry-value>@TASK_START_TIME@</env-entry-value>
>
> and define TASK_START_TIME = 3322332 in some application.properties file.

Hi Hari,

There're a couple of possible solutions, but the one I'd recommend is
to use Maven 2 and its filtering feature. Neat and slick. You can do
it very easily with Raven or Ant too, but don't know what tools you're
currently familiar with, and Maven2 seems to be a good fit as a
starter.

http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html#How_do_I_filter_resource_files

Jacek

--