geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Reg: Performance and load testing
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 10:26:59 GMT
On Dec 6, 2007 10:26 AM, Balakrishnan Rajaraman <bkrishnan82@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

>    we are using the geronimo in our project. i want to know any one have
> done the performance and load testing of geronimo with the production data.
> In our project, we also used openJPA, Apache service mix along with the
> geronimo. kindly let me know the performance of geronimo, OpenJPA and
> service Mix on production data.

I don't think that any performance benchmarks might help you much as
there're usually tailored for a given application server's
configuration and the applications being tested themselves. Whenever
I'm in a project I run performance benchmarks myself as the
configuration and the applications can make a big difference. There's
a application - DayTrader [1] - we use to run performance tests for
Geronimo, but I don't know what the status of the work is.

You may want to look at a very old Geronimo 1.1.1 performance report
at http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/Geronimo-1.1.1-PerformanceReport.pdf

A couple of links of some help:

[1] Daytrader - http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC12/daytrader.html
[2] Geronimo 1.1.1 Performance Profile Available -
http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=42961
[3] Optimize your Apache Geronimo distribution -
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ag-optimize/

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski