geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: how to use MySQL
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 10:17:10 GMT
On Dec 6, 2007 8:02 AM, jpmlpool <jpmlpool@hotmail.com> wrote:

>     I downloaded MySQL and installed it. Derby is already
> integrated into Geronimo. Is it possible to integrate MySQL
> to Geronimo? No big reasons, I just want to know if MySQL
> or the other databases can work with Geronimo. If YES,
> would you like to give me some advices, sample code, or URLs
> so I can learn and try it.

Yes, it's possible. Why would you think it is not? Geronimo's a Java
EE 5-certified application server where databases are accessible via
database pools managed by a server. If there's a jdbc driver for a
database (type 4 recommended), chances are it'll work without any
configuration troubles. I don't remember I have tried out setting up
MySQL myself, but I wouldn't expect any (fundamental) issues with it.
Just define a database pool using the administration console of
Geronimo and voila - use it in your enterprise applications. Read
about it in the Geronimo v2.0 documentation at "Configuring database
pools" [1].

Jacek

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/configuring-database-pools.html.

--