geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException?
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 11:26:46 GMT
On Dec 5, 2007 12:02 PM, Johannes Lietz
<rmail-geronimo-user@rmail.dadabase.de> wrote:

> If you want to use them with a plain standard Java application (that's what
> I think you want to do?), there's not a defined and easy way to do it.
> WebSphere has something like that
> (http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0409_bhogal/0409_bhogal.html),
> but I don't know about Geronimo.

I didn't mean to post it before I finish writing the yet another
5-minute tutorial, but your comment has encouraged me to step forward
and comment on your comment ;-)

There *is* a standard approach to remote clients in javaee sense -
it's the concept of the application client where it differs from a
remote standalone client that it *is* under the dependency injection
mechanism umbrella, i.e. using annotations to declare application deps
work. It works fine on Geronimo too. I'm polishing an article about it
and once it's finished (nearly done) I'll publish it. It's based on
the 5-minute tutorial Johannes pointed out so it's assumed to require
less time than the proverbial 5 minutes.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl