geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException?
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 14:35:23 GMT
On Dec 4, 2007 2:47 PM, beyondjusitn <beyondjustin@gmail.com> wrote:

> I followed the 5-minute Tutorial on Enterprise Application Development with
> Eclipse and Geronimo. And in my web client the EJB works fine. However, when
> I tested it in my application client, as following:
> public class Main{
>         @EJB
>         private static RemoteBusinessInterface remoteBusinessIntf;
>         public static void main(String[] args) {
>                  System.out.println(remoteBusinessIntf.sayHello("justin"));
>         }
> I got this error:Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException.

I have never worked with Java EE application clients in Geronimo so I
can't explain how it should be exactly, but I think you need to run it
with bin\client.jar and appropriate module id. See
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ag-client/ for
more information (it could be outdated slightly, but the concepts are
similar).

I can't test it out myself now, so if you run across any issues with
it, just let us know and we'll take care of it (you should even expect
another 5-minute tutorial or so ;-)).

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski