geronimo-user mailing list archives

From jleonar <jleo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo with Liferay library conflict
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:48:57 GMT

The geronimo-web.xml is the stock one that liferay bundles geronimo with.  I
am far from a geronimo expert.  Just making small changes to try and get
this to work.

I can put or remove xerces from anyplace I need.  I put it in the sharedlib
in the hopes I could get liferay to use that library instead of the geronimo
one.

"You could try putting xerces in the geronimo repo directly and having
a dependency to the jar: then the flags in your app's plan's
environment will work."

I am not clear on what you mean here.  I definitely could put it in the
geronimo repository but I am not sure how to setup liferay to then use it in
the geronimo-web.xml

As for replacing xercesimpl-2.6.2 with 2.8.0, I tried that in the endorsed
directory and the console stops functioning on xml stacetrace errors.  Would
I need to replace it in other places?  This would be the ideal solution to
be honest.