geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ak345 <ak334...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding a new portlet in in G Admin Console
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2007 22:49:29 GMT

Jarek,
Thanks for your links. I followed the second link you gave, downloaded the G
2.1 mini version, installed the extensiable admin console plugin, and saw
the new admin console page. Then,  when I tried to deploy the helloworld
portlet (mentioned in the link:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/administration-console-extension-users-guide.html),
it came out an error, I paste the record below:
-------------------------
Cannot deploy the requested application module because no deployer is able
to handle it.  This can happen if you have omitted the J2EE deployment
descriptor, disabled a deployer module, or if, for example, you are trying
to deploy an EJB module on a minimal Geronimo server that does not have
EJB support installed.
(moduleFile=D:\geronimo-jetty6-minimal-2.1-SNAPSHOT\var\temp\geronimo-deployer43130.tmpdir\example_extension_new.war)
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Cannot deploy the
requested application module because no deployer is able to handle it.
This can happen if you have omitted the J2EE deployment descriptor,
disabled a deployer module, or if, for example, you are trying to deploy
an EJB module on a minimal Geronimo server that does not have EJB support
installed.
(moduleFile=D:\geronimo-jetty6-minimal-2.1-SNAPSHOT\var\temp\geronimo-deployer43130.tmpdir\example_extension_new.war)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:227)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:127)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$734a235d.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:865)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:61)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Do you have any hint for that?

Thanks, happy holiday

A.K.