geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "John Moser" <john.r.mo...@gmail.com>
Subject Deployment file help
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 20:13:30 GMT
[Note:  I'm not subscribed, please CC me replies]

I'm currently trying to deploy a Web application that wants to be
uploaded as a .WAR to Tomcat or JRun.  For Tomcat it wants the
following bolb as a configuration XML:

<Context path="/foo" docBase="/foo/foo.war" unpackWARs="true" override="true">
  <Parameter name="Properties" value="/foo/config" />
</Context>

The instructions say to point the XML configuration file URL at a file
containing this when using the Tomcat Web Application Manager to
deploy a WAR.

For jrun it says to change the JVM settings to add
-Dfoo.properties=/foo to the command line, and to not use hot deploy
with jrun.

I'm not sure how to add this stuff to the deployment plan XML I'm
writing.  I'm using the v1.2 docs on how to write deployment plans,
with this as a guide particularly:

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC12/geronimo-webxml.html

Any help?